- Plans at a tactical level and manages the effective use of resources and directs assigned staff to develop, implement and maintain large complex system(s) and/or project(s).
- Accountable for directing staff to achieve deliverables.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee the code reviews, offer coaching and general technical guidance to the developers.
- Ability to learn and work with existing code base, make improvements where necessary and provide ongoing development and support on the existing version of the product.
- Shares and encourages others to share and use the lessons learned from project work.
- Recognizes and reinforces team successes through the project.
- Provide Technical Leadership within the application suite of services
- Develop, promote, and monitor development standards and best practices
Key Skills, Competencies and Experiences
- SAFE and/or Agile Delivery experience
- Strong technical background
- Leadership and organizational/staff development
- Resource Demand Management
- Change Management
- A minimum of 8 years of hands-on software development experience, with at least 2 years leading a team of engineers.
- Proficient English written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Comfortable speaking and interacting with technical and non-technical people
- Excellent research, analytical, and organization skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to perform work activities according to set priorities and delivery timelines
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to perform work activities for multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in an Agile environment is an asset
- Experience with AngularJS, Codeigniter, Laravel, ReactJS, NodeJS
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience or knowledge of Web Security
- Experience working with JIRA is preferred
- NoSQL Database experience or knowledge
- Experience with different version control systems ex: Git, SVN, Perforce.
- Experience in managing vendor or outsourced development teams is desirable.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology development requirements.
- Strong influencing, problem solving, consensus building, and negotiation skills.
- Consistent delivery and responsiveness.
- Employee recognition reward
- Free unlimited snacks
- Free unlimited tea/coffee
- Health insurance for employee (coming soon)
- Team build volunteering
- Every Friday fun team activity
- Industry standard holidays/leaves
- Company sponsored quarterly retreat
- Tuition reimbursement
How to Apply
We are always delighted to receive interesting resumes. Please email yours to resumes@theOpenEyes.com to consider joining us.
Please be sure to tell us why you think that working with us might make a difference to your life, to OpenEyes, and to our customers.